Friday, June 20, 2008

NEW ZEALAND 85 (Mambo number 5)

Ladies and gentlemen, this is New Zealand 85
One, two, three, four, five
Everybody in the car so come on let’s ride
To Steward Island around the corner,
The boys say they want some fish and chips
From Franz Josef Glacier
I must stay deep ´cause talk is a cheap
I like Napier, Dunedin, Gibson, and Bluff
And as I continue you know they’re getting´ tough
So what can I do I really beg you my Bulls
To me Hawks Bay´´ it’s just like Taupo
Anything fly it’s all good let me dump it
Please set in the trumpet
A little bit of Cooks Strait in my life
A little bit of Westport by my side
A little bit of Wellsford is all I need
A little bit of Hanmer is what I see
A little bit of Wairoa in the sun
A little bit of Lower Hut all night long
A little bit of Whakatane here I am
A little bit of Wellington makes me you’re man

New Zealand 85

Dive up and down and travel all around
Drive to Paraparaumu and Hunterville
Take one step North and one South One to the West and one to the East
Make your way to Hokianga Harbour
And if it looks like this then you doing it right
A little bit of Hastings in my life
A little bit of Tokoroa by my side
A little bit of Rakaia is all I need
A little bit of Haast is what I see
A little bit of Te kaha in the sun
A little bit of Twizel all night long
A little bit of Masterton here I am
A little bit of Wanganui makes me you´re man

To be continued...

No comments: