Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Class work - When I got my marks for my hip-hop exam!

As I sat on the hard, light brown wooden floor, it was slightly uncompfortable but I didnt mind because in a matter of seconds I would be recieving my hip hop esam marks and certificate. The light shon througj the glass windows illuminating every little spec of dust. I could see the big multi coloured, spray painted wall though the big mirrors that took up most of the walls in the dance studio. The room was warm and the parents sitting on the couches all had proud smiles on their faces. There was suspense in the air. I looked at my dance teacher who was holding the certificates. I was growing impatient. She started to call our names while me and my dance class, who were still sitting on the hard floor, looked around at each other. The class was growing restless. My name was called last. I leapt up to collect my certificate trying desperatly to hide the grin that was creepy across my face. I sat back on the floor with my white certificate facing downwards. I didn want to look it, but I did want to look at it at the same time. I realised that all the work that I had put into this exam all year came down to this. I reluctantly turned over my certificate ever so slowly. And there it was... as clear as anything... Dance Dimensions... Cerise... And my grade... OUTSTANDING! I let out a huge sigh with relief. I was delighted and very satisfied with myself. The grin slowly but surely crept back across my face ;]

No comments: