Tuesday, June 3, 2008

CHICAGO!!


With the right song and dance, you can get away with murder...


Chicago is one of my favourite movies! I've seen it about 30 times and just never get sick of it. The songs and dances in it are just amazing! My favourite actress in the movie is Catherine Zeta-Jones, who plays Velma Kelly. She is so talented. The movies is about Murderesses Velma Kelly (a chanteuse and tease who killed her husband and sister after finding them in bed together)and Roxie Hart (Who killed her boyfriend when she discovered he wasn't going to make her a star) find themselves on death row together and fight for the fame that will keep them from the gallows in 1920s Chicago. The movie has won 6 oscars, 34 wins and 54 nominations. Which is pretty good if you ask me. My favourtite song and dance in the movie is the cell block tango. Its about all the women in jail singing about how they killed their husbands and boyfriends but still claim not guilty and how they had it coming all along. Some more actors and actresses that I thought were really amazing in the movie were Renee Zellweger as Roxy Heart, Richard Gere as Billy Flynn and John C. Reilly as Amos Hart. Over-all Chigao is one of the best movies I've ever seen and you would have to be absolutly crazy to not love it. :D

No comments: