Monday, June 2, 2008

The Coldest Morning!

I wake up with a jolt to the sound of my alarm piercing through my ears. As my joyus, warm dream fades away I pull myself out of bed and squint through my half-asleep eyelids as I make my way over to the shower! The water burns my near frozen skin. But warms me up straight away! As I get out of the shower the cold air hits me almost imediately. I quickly get changed and get ready. I reach for my jacket and scarf and wrap them around me as quickly as possible. After Im fully ready for school I make my way to the front door to catch the bus! I grab the cold metal handle and open the door. The air is chilly and it stings my face. My breath turns to steam as it come out of my nose. Despite all the layers im wearing, im still FREEZING. As I walk down to the bus stop my fingers and toes are the coldest part of my body, so cold they hurt. As I stand at the bus stop I look around me. The air is surrounded with mist and fog. As I continue to look around I see the bus slowly drive down the road with its icey windows. It feels like we are in our own little world, like someone has captured us in big glass dome where nothing can hurt us. Nothing except the cold.

No comments: